Cold and Cough is a common diseases which we catch-up easily with climate change or if we are in to dusty atmosphere.
Through nose we smell and bring in oxygen into our blood. The air which is around us contains dust and viral bacteria within it. The atmosphere if it is dry it will make cells in your nose dry and if may happen that the air which you breath will not be filtered. This will make you catch up cold. If the atmosphere is moist it will irritate your senses and generate bacteria, resultant is cold and cough.
There are few easy to get medicines which you can take when trapped by cold and cough or on the verge of getting cold or cough.
1) Take 1 cup normal water mix 1/4 table spoon of carom seeds (ajwain) with 2 black pepper crushed to pieces with 4-5 holi basil leaves (tulsi leaves) and 1/2 table spoon ginger powder(sonth powder). Boil the mixture till it is half cup and drink it hot. Don’t Drink Water for atleast 1 hour.
2) If child under the age of 10 years have caught cold. Take 1/4 piece of ginger, crush and take out its juice, add 1/2 drops of lemon in the juice with 2/3 drops of honey. Mix it well and make the child lick the juice. Don’t Drink Water for atleast 1 hour.
3) Sitopladi Churan (could be found at any Ayurvedic Store). Take 1 table spoon this powder mix it with clarified butter (ghee), if you can get cow ghee it is good. Mix it well and lick it. Don’t Drink Water for atleast 1 hour.
4) For adults only:: Take 3-4 large leaves of Ardusi leaves, with 3-4 holi basil leaves (tulsi leaves) and 1/2 table spoon ginger powder(sonth powder), 1-2 black pepper crushed into pieces with 1 cup water. Boil the mixture till it is half cup and drink it hot. Don’t Drink Water for atleast 1 hour.
5) For adults…. this is a 7 day process…
Day 1: take 7 leaves of holi basil (tulsi) chew them with black pepper
Day 2: take 6 leaves of holi basil (tulsi) chew them with black pepper
Continue this process till the number of leaf is 1. Check if you still have cold, repeat the process this time start with 1 leaf and end at 7 leaves.
6) If you have soar throat, keep licking the powder of Jethimadh till you feel better or You can follow point number 3 mentioned above. Or you can keep the seed of date in your mouth or you can lick clarified butter (ghee) from time to time to clean your throat.
Please Note:: Above mentioned rem ides are tested but if you are following them you should consult some doctor who knows about these herbs.