Last night I happen to attend the lecture at BAPS. It was on the anatomy of happiness. After listening to that lecture I asked myself, dear what you learned new from this lecture? It was something which I had already learnt in 2007 and what all saint had told in lecture I am following that since long.
After that lecture there were 3 questions being asked to saint. I was surprised that those who were seating there in the hall were all aged above 30 or 35 but through their questions they seemed like they were listening that for the first time. One of them told me after lecture,”isn’t it a great and amazing thing, a true path. which everyone should follow.” I had nothing to tell that person. But was amazed that it was a simple thing which you would have learned over the period of time in your life. I simply agreed to him and prayed for him.
But here I want to share what I had learned way back about happiness.
We all are logging for happiness every day through out our life. We all roam behind various issues, things or objects in this world to get happiness. But hardly we are happy or get happiness. Hardly we can find people who are jolly in nature.
I would like to put here case studies or my observations here-under.
1) My first observation is regarding money. I use to observe since teenager that people use to calculate everything in terms of money. I don’t know whether they calculated feelings in terms of money or not. But yes, at a time I have observed that there are people who value feelings in monetary terms. If they get benefits from someone they are happy with that person and they praise that person.
Around me I had friends who were elder than me. So when I was studying they were ready to find job. One day one of my friend got job and she came to inform everyone that what is her salary is what kind of perks he will get and lots more. I was listening them. Then some one started comparing and then tried to analyze that whatever she got was enough or not. At the end of the day, I could see that the girl who got job was jumping with happiness was not sad. That time I felt sorry for her and wished to help her console her. But today I simple smile remembering her expressions. What is the use to compare yourself with others? You are a unique creation of God and you get whatever you deserve. Then why to be sad. But hardly we understand this. In our ignorance we start comparing ourselves with others and then suffer with pain.
2) Next observation is about cheating and lying. I have seen many people wearing different faces on their face. It becomes so difficult to then find out their original face. 🙂 I think when they would be facing God, he might also be confused in recognizing their face.
I have observed it very closely that after telling lie your inner conscious bits you a lot. I have seen people suffering from this a lot. They don’t sleep at night properly and then due to restlessness they don’t behave with others properly. This all happens because you are not happy, you have told lie and you want to rectify your mistake.
There is no court of God if you think there is a court of your inner self which hold you in responsible for what you do. What costs to speak a little truth? A price or a relationship or any thing which you wished to have?
Believe me with hiding little truth you are loosing a lot, your mental peace, your happiness and to a good extent your are losing yourself.
3) Third thing is, Lack of smile. Yes, lack of smile on your face keeps you away from happiness and keeps others away from you. Many people look like rock, their face have no expression. If you meet them you will not find welcome smile or if you crack a joke you will not find smile on them. Some would be such hard that if you ask a simple question, you would get some really odd answer.
I have seen if you send a smile in your parking to the gate keeper or vegetable vendor or conductor in buss or any one with whom you get eyes contact, you send a signal of warmth to that person. That person will next time look for you and try to do whatever you say.
A smile can calm the volcano of anger and bring peace around you. At the end of the day when you are up to wind up for the day, you will be happy as you would have spread happiness with your simile and others would have done the same with you. Even if there would be some small incident of drift with any one that would not be in your mindset.
4) Fourth observation is regarding being Intelligent or have good IQ:: I have heard that intelligent breads or genes are hot shots. Every one wants to be with them, roam behind them and love their company. But I have observed them very closely, you will not find smile on their face. They look like prisoners who are made to follow the rules of Hitler. They spend hours in books and can crack any problems you give them but when you ask them to be social they will run away. If you ask them to help needy people they will either reply you arrogantly or make some silly excuses. I have not found smile on their face and feel like they are also suffering from the same pain which other (average students or dull students face).
5) Running behind materialistic pleasure:: We see people running behind money, working for hours to get car, house, luxury and lavish life but are they really happy. Whenever I pass by any big bungalow I wish to remove the roofs of that bungalow and become a cloud to see how their life is. What do they do and How do they live. One of my cousin is a builder. He have money to buy everything but his sons are not such literate, he have many things in his life which have reason to give him pain. So a question comes, can money buy happiness? or having a bungalow, car and lavish life bring happiness? The answer was NO
6) Being Married or in Love bring happiness:: People say that if you marry your life will change and will be filled with happiness. If you fall in love your world will become beautiful. Marriage is a mystery, at times you feel you have best with you and at times you feel you are in hell. Being in love is surely a good thing. You are sharing your emotions and love with someone and even you are loved by someone ofcourse other than those who share DNA. But love and marriage is pleasurable till there is some physical bonding between two people. It becomes painful as soon as either of the couple or both of the couple start expecting and clutching each other in relationship. Then all of a sudden the person hit the ground and say it was the biggest mistake of the life.