I have written earlier a post on Happiness, this post is in continuation with the previous post.
During whole day we come across many people, with some of them we have relationship to talk and share our thoughts while with some of them we hardly talk but listen or watch their behavior. If we watch all of them closely we will see they are looking for Happiness. So what is the definition of Happiness for each of them?
Let me put their definition of Happiness here….
1. Mr. A, I will be happy/ delighted if I will get a Government contract worth NNN lacs
2. Miss B, I will be happy if he propose me
3. Miss C, I will be happy if he marry me
4. Mrs D, I will be happy if my husband buy me a diamond necklace worth NNN
5. Mrs E, I will be happy if my daughter-in-law obey me
6. Mrs. F, I will be happy if my husband earns NNN lacs per month
7. Mr. G, I will be happy if I get N% in exam
…………. This list is endless, where Happiness is starts with If and Else condition
Seems Happiness is a chocolate wrapped in IF and ELSE wrapper. So are they Happy after this so-called wrapper opened?
1. Mr. A, after a month bags the Government contract worth NNN lacs.
He should be happy now. But when asked why your face is not glowing with happiness? he said, I am happy but I will be happy when I will earn that NNN lacs from contract.
2. Miss B is proposed but her face is not glowing with happiness as it should be. When asked she said… “Yes, he proposed me but I will be happy only if he marry me”
…… all of the above when opened a layer of their IF and ELSE wrapper around Happiness were not Happy as they found one more layer of IF and ELSE wrapper around Happiness. This situation is endless. A new wrapper is found when one wrapper of IF and ELSE is removed.
Years after years pass opening these layers of IF and ELSE wrapper but yet Happiness is not unlocked. So a question comes was the definition of Happiness correct? If not then what is the definition of Happiness.
Happiness is in …..
1. knowing oneself (Aatma – inner soul)
5. giving to other (don’t think you donated some money or food and you will get happiness)
Happiness cannot be wrapped between IF and ELSE
Happiness cannot be measured by different criteria.
Happiness is soul’s identity. It can be obtained when it is free from all conditions.